Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A car is a mans bestfriend

For most of the world, when it comes to a man's best friend, most would say a dog perhaps. Not in my case.

In October of 2014, my parents got me a new car. A royal blue, freshly waxed, 2001 BMW 325ci..

This car became my life.

I mean we did everything together. After a long week I made sure I treated her by taking her downtown for a wash and detail. We went on late summer night drives with the top down, just me and her, my Blue Ivy.

Blue Ivy came first in my life. I constantly checked up on her to make sure everything she needed was provided to her in a timely manner. Blue Ivy was well loved, well until that love was abruptly taken from me.

Before school started back in the Fall of 2015, Blue was feeling a tad bit under the weather. So as any other great owner, it was my job to take her in for a check up. Blue needed some few changes internally, so I made sure that happened.

As I went off to school, I was without my best friend for the first couple weeks. Let it be known this was the worst couple of weeks of my life. It's difficult spending so much time together and it just be taken away.

On Labor Day, my parents let me know that Blue was feeling much better and will return to my possession in the next couple of days, well so I thought.

Later that evening, I get a call from my older sister. "Jarray, I need you to listen and don't say anything." First, you can't start off a conversation like this to anyone, it never ends well. "Your little sister wrecked your car." At this point, my heart was literally hanging out of body as I tried to catch it before it hit the ground.

My first love, my best friend, my car was taking away from me this day and the apology I get from my sister is a message on Snapchat.

As of now, you probably understand my disgust. Although I am thankful that my sister wasn't injured in any way, she will never touch a vehicle of mine every again.

They say best friends come and go, it's the way of life.

My new friend is a Volvo XC90 V8, her name is Scarlet. Lets try to keep this relationship for longer than 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment